Simgirls (Full Version) Simgirls (Full Version)

Normally, I wouldn't bother writing a review for a hentai game. But this is one game I make the exception to. I've played this game almost since I joined Newgrounds when it was in one of its demo stages. The set up for talking to the girls is simple, yet effective for a simulation flash game. The expanded content by means of the driving, swimming, fighting, dress-up, and Model Manager minigames give the game additional life from what would just be point and click. And the various paths and endings you can take are very much fun. I've got only two endings left to get in this game (Pure Love Tomoko and Blackspear), but I have no doubt they'll be as enjoyable as the other endings, which were very touching (in the way a lot of romance animes tend to be whenever the lead male begins to reflect on his releationships).

The way you prize the players is excellent as well. The use of hidden cutscenes via the hentai level can be very rewarding if the player does things right. And using the Model Manager minigame to level up the girls in favor of having a checklist each day makes the system and reaching the two prizes specific to it (Pageant and Gravure Idol) so much more fun.

There are a few aspects I do think are a bit bothersome. Although I can understand the challenge intended by having the items during the fighting and swimming minigames clickable, having no shortcuts available does make it annoying if you play the game on a laptop mouse pad (specifically swimming; fighting gets away with it because of the way it is set up). I can understand wanting players to shift between clicking for an action and clicking for an item, but a small shortcut would be nice to. To balance the challenge, you could have it so that (if possible with flash) you have to hold the button down for approx 1 second before being able to continue or force the players to wait a second if using a shortcut button.

Other than that, I think this is one of the better dating sim games out there. It's very expansive, simple to play, and offers a rather great story for a hentai category game. Your 10 years working on this game paid off. There are probably aspects of the game that could be considered faults, but the overall game is still a very enjoyable experience. Great work with this. Time will tell if you can replicate the success with the sequel. Good luck.

sim-man responds:

nothing prize a game maker better than a well-thought-out review.

Sonic Boom Cannon 3D! Sonic Boom Cannon 3D!

Not the best, but a pretty good successor

Ever since I came to Newgrounds, I had enjoyed the original Sonic Boom Cannon and later on found the sequel to be so much fun with the expanded content. Now you bring us a brand new Boom Cannon and decide to take the 3D approach. It was a interesting concept, but the constant turning eventually gets really boring and unamusing, leaving you with nothing more than the same game as usual that "turned" every now and then. I was also disappointed that there weren't many Mini-Games aside from the secret ending, which wasn't as fun as the other minigames in Boom Cannon 2, nor was it all that challenging; felt more like mashing the z button and the arrow keys than an actual fight.

However, as opposed to some of the others here, I actually appreciate the reduction of characters in the roster. With the exception of Super Sonic being absent from the list this time, I'm pretty happy with the selection made. The brand new power-ups you made were also well created and added a new, fun gimmick to the Boom Cannon series (only the 'Free Turn' went by unused for the most part, mostly me not caring for the 3D gameplay). You returned the use of the shields in this game, which was very welcoming. And the removal of the daily shop in favor of an all accessible shop was much more appreciated. I also like how you implemented a time gimmick into the game by determining the time of the level and the character used for the final fight by the use of the clock.

So basically, it's a game that takes the same formula as before and attempts something different. While in my opinion it doesn't succeed at what it tried to do, it's still a great cannon launch game in its own right. Props to you. If for some reason you do decide to make another cannon game (Sonic based or not), stick to the 2D or find a way to make it so you can angle your shots and bounce off of walls.

My highest score at the time of this post was 92964 using the Wechidna (the glitch Knuckles from Knuckles Chaotix)

Xanadu32 responds:

I respect you so much right now. It is rare to see a well thought out review these days. Especially on Newgrounds... unfortunately... but in any case, thank you for the good words and justified opinions.

I might read this review a few more times, who knows, it may give me the drive to get back into flash... truth be told, I haven't truly touched it since I released this game.

Once again, Thankyou~

Depict1 Depict1

Excellent game

This is my second time playing it, this time on Newgrounds and with the achievements. The game is loads of fun, very creative, and fairly challenging. I applaud to you.

MegaTankMan MegaTankMan

Great game.

Here we can see you can do more than just a Mario game. The game feels very close to a Mega Man game. I would know considering I've played Mega Man 10 recently. I don't know if there's any real difference between playing as Mega Man or Tank Man, but the difference is more-so clear when using Mario (higher jump). I hope you continue to do some great work.

I'll probably make a video for this game on my YouTube account.

Lambtaco responds:

Captain and Megaman play exactly the same, I just thought I'd give people the option to be Megaman if they really wanted to.

Spread the word. this game is underrated, lol.

Tails' Nightmare 2 Tails' Nightmare 2

You just know how to make it work, don't you?

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Blox, you did a hell of a great job on this game. The mechanics work, the game freaks you out often, the level design is awesome, and the cheat rewards are awesome. I tip my hat to you my friend. Excellent work.

P.S- For those that don't know, I'm also working on Perfect Run videos for this game. One of them on Normal difficulty is already out. Look for it on YouTube.

SHIFT 4 SHIFT 4

Excellent series

The games have always been entertaining, this one not being any exception. Very story driven, with the twist endings as always. The co-op family feature was awesome. Great work. Forever and always, The CC is a lie. :D

P.S- I got all the medals in this game, but wasn't awarded any from Newgrounds.

Super Mario Crossover Super Mario Crossover

Genius Work, like no other Flash Game

If you play as Mario, it feels like the real Super Mario Bros. If you play as someone else, it feels like their game has mixed into a Mario level. No matter who you play as, it just works. Obviously some characters are better than others, but the game is beyond belief. You did one amazing job on this. Keep it up.

Tremerz Tremerz

Overly Simplistic

Good concept, but it gets really boring really quick. The only reason to replay the game (for me) was for the medals.

Sonic Boom Cannon 2! Sonic Boom Cannon 2!

A throw back game I could say.

When I first came to Newgrounds in 2005, I had been looking for new Sonic stuff. I never would have thought that I'd wind up in this sight and there was so much bloody/perverted movies with Sonic (Not that I'm complaining). But I really wanted to find some games, and I found your game, Sonic Boom Cannon. I loved it. It was addictive, fun, challenging, and different. I was content.

4 years later, you make the sequel. And the game hasn't lost it's touch. It still has that same quality gameplay as the first. But of course, the new content makes the game fresh and make you want to come back and play it. Obviously there are some glitches, but that's a minor issue since it's not so often recurring. The new minigames were a lot of fun and two of them where very helpful. The wide array of characters were great (can't exactly say I'm glad with the audio clips you've selected for some characters, but it really doesn't matter to the game itself). The shield feature definitely improved the gameplay. And the day-by-day shop feature was brilliant because (for those that don't figure out the cheat) it forces people to come back and play, giving the game replay value. So overall, I thank you for such a nice game. I've already completed the game 100%, but I still play. I wish you luck with your future projects.

P.S- For anyone who wants help and tips on the game, feel free to PM me.

Xanadu32 responds:

I'm just shocked that anyone still remembers #1 after all these years. Thanks mate. you just helped me get through another day (>^-^)>

I hope you don't get royally spammed out with PMs asking for cheat codes like I'm getting XD and you know, I think you were the only person on NG to like the store feature. Maybe I should release a SBC2 SLE ... Super Lazy edition. 90% off prices, and a open store room.... or maybe I should just focus time and effort into a new game. NG you decide.

thanks for playing!

Super Mario 63 Super Mario 63

Well worth the wait.

I've been following the updates on your SA account and I've got to say you've done a hell of a great job. The storyline and the challenges were well made. The game's mechanics worked out splendidly. The parodies that the Toads were letting out were real funny (Though I do frown about the political standpoints you placed on the game. Regardless if I agree or not, that was a move not very called for in a Mario game.) And the worlds and shine sprite challenges were superb. It really did bring the 3 3D Mario games together.

Despite the 10 I gave you, there are some problems with the game. First of all, there are some parts of the castle that are left wide open and can cause you to fall indefinetly. Unless you're paroding Super Mario 64's "Black Room of Death" glitch, it's not a good thing. Luigi has sound problems in which his voice later goes into Mario's voice (namely when he dies). Plus when switching to Luigi, all the characters still call him Mario, which is a tad bit annoying. And to top it off, on the second Bowser fight, if you toss him too hard, Bowser will glitch and fly really fast and never return to the platform making it impossible to beat him in that case (I had to take it slow to beat him). And I'm sure there are other situations/glitches that I've missed, but I'll need to finish the game to be sure.

Regardless, you've done well. A very good Fan-Game. Very much like a real Mario game.